Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pumpkin Streusel Pie


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/streusel-topped-pumpkin-pie/

For Thanksgiving one always needs Pumpkin Pie. I have always liked pumpkin pie, but am not crazy about it. Until this year when I ran across this twist to the traditional pie from HERE.

I used my own pumpkin pie recipe and just added the streusel topping. It is soooooooo yummy and adds such a nice crunch to the pie. You don't even need whipped cream if you top it with this.

I had too many pies at Thanksgiving, so I froze one of these- unbaked. I took it out today and baked it. My husband would not even wait until it cooled off and he gave is a high rating. Now believe me (he is my biggest critic), so if he says it is good, then it is really GOOD! 

Streusel Topping:


  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Crumble together these ingredients and sprinkle on top of pie last 10-15 minutes of baking. Cook until nicely browned. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment