Taken from an old Latvian cookbook "Majturiba".
1 liter of water
200-250 g. of berries - fresh, frozen or dried (red currant are popular here, but you can use just about any combination. This is even made with dry fruit here- apricots, raisins, apples, prunes, etc. If using dried use only 100g. )
125 g. sugar
60-65 g. potato starch for thick, 40-45 g. for thin.
- Clean berries if they are fresh.
- Place berries in pot, add water and bring to boil.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Dissolve potato starch in a bit of cold water and add to boiling juice, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil, remove from heat as soon as comes to boil.
- Serve with desserts or use as a drink.