1 quart/liter or more beef broth ( I made my own using some beef).
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 can white beans- drained.
1/2 cup chopped salt pork (speķis) or bacon
2 onions- finely chopped.
1 teaspoon dried thyme
4 tomatoes- peeled and coarsely chopped
2-3 carrots, diced.
2 cups chopped zucchini
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 tablespoons fresh parsley- chopped
Parmesan cheese for garnish
Optional: (Ingredients in the recipe which I didn't use)
3 stalks celery chopped
2 cups chopped cabbage
4 Swiss chard leaves.
- Prepare broth.
- Cook up bacon so that the pieces become clear. Add chopped onions and cook.
- Add to broth, add carrots and boil until they are soft.
- Add all ingredients except for tomatoes- add those when the zucchini is soft.
- Allow to boil until tomatoes are soft and squishy. Turn off and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve, garnish with grated Parmesan cheese.