Friday, March 9, 2012

Cutlets- Kotletes


Picture borrowed from here
We love these and I love making a big batch and freezing them in meal size portions. Then I just microwave them and whip up some kind of side and salad and we are good to go with a fast meal.

Ingredients:

500 g. ground beef
300 g. ground pork
1 onion- finely chopped
3 cloves garlic- minced
1 egg
3 slices of white bread soaked in the warm water or milk.
250 g. warm milk or water
2 T of spices. ( I don't measure, but use salt, pepper and other spices).
Fine breadcrumbs.

Instructions:
  1.  Soak bread in water or milk. 
  2. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. 
  3. Form patties and dip/roll in bread crumbs .
  4. Fry on hot pan with a bit of oil until nicely browned. 
  5. Bake 10-15 minutes in moderate oven. 
  6. If you have too many than freeze. 

5 comments:

  1. Now, come on! What are the "other spices"! That probably makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Garlic powder, onion powder, or a spice mix as is popular here (with dried garlic, onions, carrot, etc. Not even sure what is in there as I rarely use it) I put garlic in everything like this and that adds a nice touch.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this recipe. It is a favorite in my home - my son, who was recently adopted from LV LOVES this, as we all do. Your recipe is making the rounds of older adopted kids who miss LV food!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Stephanie thanks for that comment. I only now came across it! I am so glad to hear some kids are loving this- my kids do too! Best wishes with your kids!

      Delete
  3. This is my childhood with my Vecmamma

    ReplyDelete