Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dill Pickles

 This is now my favorite pickle recipe. It has just the right amount of vinegar for my taste. The original salt amount was too much for our liking so I reduced it slightly this year and now this my number one favorite recipe.

8 lbs. cucumbers- Washed. Let soak in ice water 2 hours.
4 cups 5 % vinegar
12 cups water
2/3 cups salt (this year I used 7 1/2 Tablespoons)
16 cloves garlic halved ( I use more)
8 sprigs dill weed
8 heads dill

Variation: This year I also added mustard seed to some of the jars and that was also delicious!

After the cukes have soaked for 2 hours.Fill the sterilized jars with 2 halves garlic and dill head,then cucumbers and remaining two halves garlic and dill. Pour the boiling brine over and process 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment