Sunday, December 1, 2013

Pecan Pie- Without Corn Syrup

So, Thanksgiving was on the way and I had even managed to get some pecans. I never buy them here, they are just too pricey. My Dad brought them from the States and I froze them- saving them up. Then to solve the lack of corn syrup dilemma I started looking for recipes without it.

When I made this one I must admit my hopes were high, yet rather doubtful. So much so that I even cut a sliver to taste before the big meal. Wow, this pie despite looking different slightly than the original version is every bit as yummy. So if you want to avoid corn syrup, or if you can't get it then try this recipe! My husband gave it 5 stars! For him to give a 5 stars if like winning the Olympics- he is the best/worst critic I have :)

I did not chop my pecans. I am also going to try making this with a mixture of walnuts, almonds and perhaps peanuts at work because we never buy pecans there, I am sure it will be delightful as well! 

Clicking on the photo will take you to the site with the recipe.



Pecan Pie V Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment