Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pizza- Our way

 The varieties of pizza are as unique as each person I would think. But this is our favorite dough recipe and a few of our favorite topping combinations: 

Dough: I got this dough recipe from my good friend Lena. This is a good, fast recipe. When I have more time I make my mom's "real pizza dough recipe".

Ingredients:
2 1/4 t. yeast
1 1/3 c. warm water
3 1/2 - 3 3/4 c. flour
2 T. olive oil
1-3 t. salt  (we use less)
1 T. sugar

Method:

Mix until smooth and elastic. Cover and let rise 1-1 1/2 hours. (Sometimes I don't even let it rise that long). Makes 2 pizzas.


My favorite:
-Deep dish (cooked in my stone pan)
-Thick crust, sometimes cheese filled edges.
-Homemade tomato sauce
-Spices: basil, oregano and rosemary
-Cheese
-Toppings: American style pepperoni, mushrooms and olives, and if I have it feta cheese.

His favorite:
-Medium thick crust
-Tomato sauce
-Spices: basil, oregano
-Cheese
-Toppings: smoked chicken or chicken fillet, curry sauce (mix cream with curry powder), pineapple, bell peppers, sometimes ham and he loves hot peppers on it too. But I don't bake them on the pizza otherwise the spiciness spreads way to much!

Garlic:
-Any thickness of crust
-Spread with white garlic sauce (it is sold here that and in Germany)
-Cheese
-Toppings: As desired, but as usual I like American pepperoni, and whatever else is on hand at the moment.

Other sauces to try:
-BBQ sauce
-Pesto sauce
-Cream cheese
-Fresh sliced tomatoes-yum

Get creative with those toppings!

What are your favorites?





No comments:

Post a Comment